I’ve been wanting to bake black bean brownies for some time now since I’m trying to eat a little healthier, so my daughter and I whipped some up in our kitchen… and they were a hit! While these black bean brownies aren’t gluten free, they can be. Just omit the flour or use gluten free flour.
Gluten Free Black Bean Brownies Recipe [Baking with Bunny VIDEO]
Before I share the gluten free black bean brownies recipe, check out my four-year-old making them. Yes, it’s that easy. (For more Baking with Bunny, click here.)
Ingredients for Black Bean Brownies
- Can of black beans
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 bag of chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of flour (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Black Bean Brownies Recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Butter or spray a 9×9 baking dish
- Mix together 2 eggs, 2/3 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Puree the can of black beans
- Mix the pureed black beans with the egg, sugar, and vanilla mixture
- Pour in the chocolate chips
- Add 1/3 cup of flour (if you want to go gluten free, ignore this step or use gluten free flour)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pour into baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- Top with powdered sugar
Why bake Brownies with Black Beans?
I didn’t know this until recently, but beans are one of the most versatile ingredients. Maybe you use them in dips, salads, or soups… so why not bake desserts with black beans too?!
Beans are high in protein, low in fat, and full of fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.Beans are high in protein, low in fat, and full of fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. Click To Tweet
So, whip up this gluten free black bean brownies recipe and let me know what you think… and what else you’re making with beans!
Other Black Bean Recipes
After all that, you may be wondering what else you can make with black beans, right? Click here for 12 things to do with a can of black beans.
Since I’ve got the black bean brownies covered, you may be interested in some of these dishes like toquitos, salsa, dip, and croquettes.