It’s not a Cinco de Mayo party without chips, salsa and guacamole. Before you head to the kitchen, Cabo Flats chef Antonio Brodziak gave me some tips I’m sharing with you! (Hint: They are all about getting the right guacamole ingredients!)
- Buy the right avocado: Everybody knows that guacamole is consisted of avocado, but people often use just regular avocados, losing flavor in the process. Ripe Hass avocados bring much more flavor and consistency to the guacamole.
- Don’t forget the cilantro: What is also known as Coriander, cilantro taste is a mix between parsley and citrus. It brings a good mix to the flavors of a next level guacamole.
- When it comes to onions, think red: Unlike regular yellow or white onions, red onions are much sweeter. Having that sweet taste adds more contrast to the guacamole mix. Plus, it has less sulfur content, so no watery eyes while cooking!
- Squeeze a lime: Having that bit of fresh squeezed lime will add another touch of citrus taste without making it lose other flavors.
- Top it with tomatoes: Be sure to get fresh orange tomatoes, so you can get the full and less acidic taste from them.